There are special laws when selling online (aka ‘distance selling’) that you must comply with. These vary from country to country but examples include:
- You may need to offer a refund to customers if they return goods within a specified term, and they may not have to provide a reason (however downloads are often exempt)
- You may need to refund the customer within a set number of days of receiving the goods back
- You may need to repair or replace a faulty item if a customer returns it within a certain period – unless you can prove it wasn’t faulty when they bought it
- Customers often have exactly the same rights to refunds when they buy items in a sale as when they buy them at full price
- You may be able to exclude personalized items if they could not easily be re-sold (i.e. items with custom logos, colors, etc)
In all cases, please check your local regulations. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the relevant regulations.
OUR SAMPLE RETURNS POLICY
If you are not totally in love with your item, we operate a 14-day money back guarantee (excluding custom or personalized items that cannot easily be resold).
Our policy covers items you have bought from us in a sale or at full price. Please contact us via the contact form on our store (available on any product page within our store) within 14 days of receiving your item, indicating if you would like an exchange or refund. Please include date and details of your order.
If you wish to return your item, you will be notified of where to send it. Unless the item is faulty, you’re responsible for return postage costs. Once your return is received and inspected, you will receive an email to notify you that your item has been received. If requesting a refund, you will be credited within 2 days to your original payment method.
If you have chosen to receive an exchange, on receipt of the returned item, a replacement item will be made. In the unlikely event your item needs to be repaired, you’ll be informed how long this will take.