These in-shoe wedges are designed by Steve. The vast majority of riders need some degree of wedging so that their feet, ankles, knees and hips align well during the pedaling action. Humans have not evolved to maintain a fixed relationship for long periods with an apparatus like a bicycle, and oftentimes help is necessary to assure optimal alignment during the thousands of repetitions of the pedaling action. First and foremost, Steve recommends that you use heel wedges in conjunction with arch support.
With arch support in place, a majority of riders will need from 0 – 3 wedges on each side with only a tiny minority needing more than this. You will need to experiment to determine the best number for you and it may be a different number on each side. The average is 3 wedges per rider in total, though individual cases vary widely. Our heel wedges are made from plastics that are free of heavy metals.
Why in-shoe wedges?
- No need for non-standard length screws as is necessary with cleat wedges.
- Multiple cleat wedges can slip; heel wedges do not.
- If you have multiple pairs of shoes, it’s convenient to transfer your insoles with heel wedges between shoes.
- Our wedges contain no heavy metals or dyes.
- Avoids the problems associated with using mtb cleat wedges.
Our in-shoe wedges are designed to fit the shoe sizes between size 36 Euro and size 50 Euro. There are cut lines on the wedge, and they can be quickly trimmed to size with scissors.
These are sold as a pack of 10.